Are loose teeth causing you to bypass some of your favorite foods?
Loose teeth can cause other health issues besides passing on some of your favorite foods.
Loose teeth dangers
Besides being painful when you chew, especially hard foods, meats, vegetables, and some fruits but they could possibly fall out while you are chewing becoming a choking hazard.
Another danger is that because they are loose you will have troubles with your normal oral hygiene which can lead to a buildup of tartar or plaque that cause bacteria which can cause infections of the mouth, bad breath, and other health issues.
How to treat loose teeth
There are several treatment options for loose teeth, which one will work best for you will be up to you and your dentist.
Here are the options;
- Membranes or tissue-stimulating proteins which will hopefully stimulate the gum and bone to start repairing itself
- Root planing can help reshape and smooth teeth to help reduce the progression and allow the tooth, gum, and bone heal
- Antibiotics to relieve any infections
- Bone grafts which go under the gum that will be pulled down and the bone replacement from your own bone, bovine bone, or synthetic bone material
Which one will work best for you will depend on how severe the loose tooth is.
Cost depends on different factors
Cost of loose teeth depends on;
- The number of loose teeth
- Which treatment option your dentist and you decide to do
- Insurance coverage
- Whether you have surgery or a less invasive procedure
If you have 1 or more loose teeth Ajax you need to consult your dentist.
Prevention is the best way to help reduce the risk of a loose tooth, be sure to follow a good oral hygiene routine daily.