Sometimes, life happens and you have an accident or incident that results in a broken tooth, or you may suffer from cracked tooth syndrome. The most common causes of a broken tooth inlcude:
- Sports injury
- Physical altercation
- Teeth grinding
- Biting down on a hard food or substance
Dr. Yao and his staff are specially trained to repair broken, chipped, or cracked, teeth using a number of procedures. These include:
- Dental crowns
- Dental bonding
- Porcelain veneers
- Root canals
- Dental implants
If you have a broken, chipped, or cracked tooth, the first step you should take is to call your dentist to schedule an emergency appointment. If you can’t get in for an appointment immediately, follow these self-care tips until you can get to the clinic.
- Rinse your mouth with warm, salty water
- If you’re in pain, take over-the-counter acetaminophen Other over-the-counter products such as ibuprofen can cause blood thinning.
- Cover sharp or jagged edges with paraffin wax or sugar free gum to prevent cutting the inside of your gums or mouth.
- Eat with care. Consume only soft foods and avoid biting down hard.
If you are suffering from a broken tooth, contact Wyndam Manor Dental Care to schedule an emergency appointment IMMEDIATELY.